Thursday 11 July 2013

I love coffee, I love chill-out music and I love reading. The Arts House is a place that provides all of that: good coffee, relaxing atmosphere and comfortable couches to feel as if you were at your own place. It is located in Stokes Croft and  it is a very beautifully decorated coffee-shop in the corner with Ashley Road. It offers a platform for local artists to show their work in the ground floor and every Monday and Tuesday evening, the basement converts into a cosy cinema. A couple of months ago, I used to go there very often to read and enjoy good coffee.

PICTURE: The Arts House, Stokes Croft, Bristol.

I convinced my friends to go there for brunch and to my surprise, the experience was not as we expected. The four of us ordered a coffee and a main dish each. Even though the coffees were brought at our table quite fast (10 minutes), it took them around 40 minutes to bring the main dishes. They apologised for the waiting, but my hungry friends were starving to death. Considering the fact that we ordered two jacket potatoes, one English breakfast and one Eggs Benedict and that the place was not busy, they shouldn't kept us waiting that long. However, the jacket potato I ordered, filled with hummus and roasted peppers, was a very nice combination of flavours with I very much enjoyed. 

PICTURE: the English Breakfast, capuccino and latte we ordered.


The Arts House Website: http://www.theartshouse.org
Posted by Great little place called Bristol On Thursday, July 11, 2013 No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your message...

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Email
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

Instagram


Like us on Facebook!

Twitter



Translate