Friday 26 April 2013

Every Tuesday evening, I walk through Castle Park and enjoy the silence there. This week, however, as I was approaching, I could hear the first notes of a party hit. I am not sure if it was Lady Gaga, Rihanna or someone else. But as I was approaching I realised the "circus" came into town.

"Lady Boys of Bangkok", they are called. First thing that came to my mind when I read it was a night out in Castro District, San Francisco, CA a couple of years back. Castro District is one of the United States' first gay neighborhoods and it is currently the largest. Having transformed from a working-class neighborhood through the 60s-70s, Castro remains one of the most prominent symbols of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgeder (LGBT) activism and events.
You could see anything in this district. Things you might think people would keep for their most intimate moments could be seen at daylight in San Francisco.

The show is called Glamorous Amorous, and I can't give you my own feedback because to be honest, I haven't seen it. The logo speaks for itself, though. 
They promise a "party like there's no tomorrow under an exotic ambience". You can expect the "usual truly glamorous and funny cabaret antics, complete with even more flamboyant costumes, painstakingly immaculate make up and show stopping choreography".

I am more Cirque du Soleil kind of person, their name (The Lady Boys of Bangkok, seriously?) didn't catch my attention anyway. It could be an alternative plan if you don't have any for the weekend. They will be in town until tomorrow (27th April) and tickets can be bought in here £10-£48.80.


Posted by Great little place called Bristol On Friday, April 26, 2013 No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your message...

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Email
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

Instagram


Like us on Facebook!

Twitter



Translate