Tuesday 25 June 2013


Nesquik VS Cola Cao: eternal battle. Ever since I was a child, I considered myself member of Cola Cao team. When you are a kid back home, depending on which one of them you had for breakfast along with the milk and cereal, then either you belonged to Cola Cao team or to Nesquik team. It was as simple as that.


It is not easy to find Cola Cao here in the UK. I know they sell it in the big Tesco in Eastville, in the International Food section, but it is not easily accessible for people like me who don't own a car. To my surprise, I  have recently discovered another place in town where you can find it, closer than big Tesco: El Colmado,  the 10-days-old Spanish Deli located in 57 Gloucester Road. 


They have my beloved Cola Cao, but also Paladín for more traditional chocaholics. Both are energy chocolate drinks with vitamins and minerals originated in Spain. Paladín, however, is a thicker drink, particularly suitable for dunking churros. To complete the breakfast, you could also get Galletas Maria, a traditional spanish sweet biscuit similar to Rich tea biscuit.

Paella ingredients such as rice and colorants are nicely located in wooden shelves in a beautifully decorated shop. At the very end, they have a good number of paella pans (paellera) and pottery plates. If you feel lazy to cook, you could opt for tins of prepared lentils, white beans (Fabada Asturiana), spanish style meatballs, Ortiz tuna, olives, three types of gazpacho, cheese... and much more!  
A very good variety of spanish origin food brought right into the centre of Bristol.  

One of the owners assured the business is going very well so far, with a very big smile in his face. They opened the delicatessen on 13th June. I sincerely hope all the best for the business and I encourage you all to go have a look!

PS: I borrowed the pictures from your Facebook page. I hope you don't mind! ;)
El Colmado on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/elcolmadospanishfood
Posted by Great little place called Bristol On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 4 comments

4 comments:

  1. I do like the review. It is a stunning place to find those incomparable flavours.

    P.D. Cereal instead of cereals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyday is a school day! Thank you for the correction and for commenting as well! ;)

      Delete
  2. From El Colmado Team....muchas gracias!! Reviews like this one are of great help for small businesses like ours!! Thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! Seguid trabajando duro! Os deseo lo mejor! xxx

      Delete

Leave your message...

  • RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Email
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube

Instagram


Like us on Facebook!

Twitter



Translate